02 Mar Aerodynamite
Mercedes-Benz Kelowna Service and Repair
S-Class, SL, SLK, AMG GT
Owning a Mercedes-Benz, you appreciate meticulous engineering and a tradition of excellence. So do we. Which is why we have the factory diagnostic equipment, experience and OEM parts to care for your vehicle the way it should be, conducting all maintenance procedures in precise accordance to Mercedes-Benz standards.
Mercedes-Benz is the epitome of German luxury. With a long history of style and sophistication, it’s no wonder you want to keep it well maintained and on the road. Mercedes in Kelowna are on the rise and we are here to service your needs.
Benz Computer Scheduled Maintenance
An onboard dashboard computer alerts you when your next service is due. There are two basic types of maintenance intervals which alternate but get a new name each time, which can make the service tracking tricky. Models 2003 or later changed their interval reminder names from alphabetic to numeric. For example, older models will say “Service D” and newer will say “Service 2.”
If you’re wondering when and what should be serviced on your Benz, here is a high-level list of service intervals. As a rule of thumb, service should be done every 16,000 kilometers or yearly. The next comes at 48,000 kilometers, and the final one is done at 96,000 kilometers. Here are a few of the specifics for each service type:
- Replace dust filter
- Replace combination filter (activated charcoal particle filter)
- Replace air-filter (AMG vehicles only)
- Propeller shaft: check flexible couplings for damage and deformation
- Power steering: check oil level, correct if necessary (where applicable) 5, 12, 13
- Active Body Control: check fluid level (where applicable)
- Check starter using diagnosis tester
- Rear axle: oil change
- Replace brake fluid (every 2 years)
- Replace coolant for main circuit (every 3 years)
- Replace fuel filter on diesel engines (every 4 years)
- Replace spark plugs (every 4 years)
Sticking to the factory-recommended Mercedes maintenance schedule will help prevent problems and allow for the early detection of any emerging issues.
Upgrades worth considering.
You can gain up to 5 to 20 horsepower by upgrading your exhaust. Boosting your braking power is also recommended. Ensure your software is up to date.
Thank you for the opportunity to service your Mercedes-Benz. Our goal is to ensure that your car performs effortlessly so driving your Benz is always five star experience.