01 Jan SOLD | 1999 Ferrari 355 F1 Spider
Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful cars Ferrari ever designed, this car is fast, fun, reliable and a pleasure to own ! As a Ferrari Club member, I have spared no expense to maintain this car to the highest level. Retirement and future travel are motivating this sale.
The all important “engine out” cam belt service has just been completed ( March 2014) a new high capacity water pump installed, new Michelin Pilot tires all around, stainless steel ceramic coated Fabspeed headers with a Maranello X-OST system (not too quiet..not too loud…just right !) Ferrari Fiorano sway bars front and rear for improved handling, a 360 model steering wheel, rear Challenge grill and a high end sound system with Focal speakers are just some of the upgrades.
I have also had both front seats re-covered in factory leather and converted to “Daytona” style (very rare) by BRADAN of New York. This car also comes with the extremely rare 3 piece, fitted Ferrari Shedoni fitted leather luggage which was a $6,000 option. There are too many upgrades and service items to list here.
The car also comes with every item that came with the car when new including all keys, key fobs, owner’s manuals, tool kit, car and seat covers and the original window sticker and sales invoices…everything. A full maintenance and ownership history is included along with CARFAX report.
For serious buyers, I am quite prepared to spend all the time you need to answer your questions and help educate you on what to look for in a 355…even if you don’t buy mine ! It’s a major investment….and if you buy correctly, a great one!
Write-Up provided by current owner.
We are very fortunate to have an owner who cares this much about their Ferrari, here is a list provided by the current owner of the things that have been done to the car and some unique features of this 1999 Ferrari 355 F1:
- Complete “engine out” service in March 2014 (from Motor Werke),using the best parts including Hill Engineering tensioners
- This includes new timing belts, bearings, idler pulleys and accessory belts
- All fluids flushed and re-filled including engine oil and filter and radiator coolant
- All new engine oil cooler lines and hoses installed complete with all gaskets and “O” rings
- Power steering hoses replaced to ensure leak free operation and a complete power steering fluid flush
- All new coolant hoses replaced for worry free driving
- Manual transmission fluid flushed and re-filled
- Capristo high efficiency improved design water pump for better cooling
- A stainless steel, Maranello X-OST exhaust system for improved performance and better sound (not too quiet… not too loud… just right)
- Fabspeed stainless steel headers with ceramic coating inside and out – for improved engine performance and you’ll never have a header failure
- Test pipes installed for better performance, improved sound and long life
- New motor mounts
- New radiator installed on driver side
- Valve covers removed and refinished in proper Ferrari “crackle” finish
- New 355 F1 Competition clutch installed in 2013 for longer life and better wear characteristics
- New rear wheel bearings installed and the parking brake assembly replaced with all new parts
- All Ferrari factory re-calls have been performed
- In 2014 seats recovered in factory leather and converted to the rare Daytona style by BRADAN in New York (extremely rare…perhaps 6 in N. America and none in Canada that I’m aware of)
- Ferrari 360 steering wheel installed for better feel and an updated look
- New Cavallino embossed headrests (very rare)
- All “sticky bits” refinished by StickyNoMore
- Airbag recovered in factory leather to eliminate shrinkage
- Stock factory stereo with AM/FM and 6 disk CD head unit but with upgraded Focal shallow mount, 6.5” speakers in the doors, improved tweeters in the dash and a very small high output Alpine amp in the trunk for a great sounding system but with an unobtrusive “factory look”
- The very rare, Ferrari by Shedoni of Italy 3 piece fitted leather luggage set that fits in the trunk comprising a large suitcase and medium suitcase and a suit bag.
- Complete and original toolkit, all manuals, battery tender, keys and key fobs
- Comes complete with factory car cover, steering wheel cover and seat covers
- Only 1,127 Ferrari 355 F1’s were built world wide, in 1998-1999 out of a total model production of 3,817 since 1995
- Rear Challenge grill for better engine cooling and a more refined appearance (stock grill is included)
- All wheels trued and refinished in factory silver paint – no curb rash or imperfections at all
- Stainless steel brake lines for better brake response and safety
- All new Michelin Pilot Sport tires in 2013 for improved handling and safety
- Ferrari factory “Fiorano” front and rear sway bars for improved cornering
- Brakes are in great shape but the car comes with an extra set of Porterfield Carbon Kevlar brake pads both front and rear
- Rear wheel spacers installed for a wider rear tire stance, better handling and a more balanced look
- Hill Engineering skid plates installed under front bumper to protect car
- Factory Cavallino shields on the front fenders (ordered when new)
- Custom made front “Clip It” to hold licence plate …can be attached or removed in 5 seconds
- Fully detailed inside and out including carpet cleaning and paint polishing
A detailed CarFax report will also be provided upon request.