12 Dec Beat the Heat | A/C Maintenance
The Warning Signs
The Kelowna forecast this week is sun and +30 degree temperatures – love it! As the long-awaited summer weather has arrived, so too has the use of your vehicles A/C. After taking a long winter off, it’s important that you maintain your A/C, so you’re not left stranded without it. Here are a few warning signs that indicate a malfunctioning A/C system. If noticing any of these symptoms, it’s best to take your vehicle into the shop for a formal diagnosis:
1. Your A/C airflow has become weaker.
- Mold or Mildew may have accumulated from residual moister built up from the cooling process. This prevents the air from traveling through your air vents.
- Your vehicle’s ventilation fan could be broken or no longer sealed.
2. You’re A/C is not blowing cold air.
- A failed or damaged component within your air conditioning system may be the cause.
- A clog may have built up, typically caused by excess water or buildup of mold.
- A leak or opened seal has occurred over time.
3. You’re noticing an unpleasant smell coming from your A/C vents.
- Most issues with an A/C system stem from excess moisture, which can cause mold and clogs.
- You may need to replace your air cabin filter.
While these are the most common symptoms that you need A/C maintenance or repair, there are many others as well. Regardless, the best way to keep your vehicle’s A/C from failing is to have it serviced once a year. Contact us at the shop and book your vehicle in today to ensure your A/C doesn’t leave you stranded in the heat.